Sunday, March 1, 2009

Twitter.

I've had a twitter account for almost 2 months now and I just have to say, I DONT GET IT! I just do not understand what the excitement is about the whole thing. Why do I need an entire website (not to mention another new account name/ password) just to update what is essentially a glorified facebook status?Even after exploring (thinking there just MUST be something more to this site) extensively there really is nothing more to it! Well, I suppose there is if you count what seems like endless numbers of pointless 'apps' designed to make posting your every move easier. I think I just dont need a whole website for what I usually post on my facebook status. After all, i'm on facebook far more times a day than I'm on twitter.

Can someone just tell me... WHAT IS THE POINT?

1 comment:

  1. Twitter, in my opinion, is a combination of communication and a broadcasting tool.

    1. You can use it as a communicating small things about your life. I'm much more likely to read Twitter updates than Facebook status updates.

    2. You can use it to broadcast information, like links that don't require a whole blog post.

    3. You can also follow people that wouldn't be your friend on Facebook, whether it be a celeb, a politician, a company, a group, etc. If you're interested in what somebody they'd have to say, then you can. It also gives you the option of communicating with them.

    Anyways, that's my take.

    ReplyDelete